Unfortunately, the original project page hosted at
gna.org is no longer available. An earlier
is still accessible via the Wayback Machine. In the
meantime, the project page is being migrated to
GitHub and the StGit mailing list to
StGit is a Python application providing similar functionality to
Quilt (i.e. pushing/popping
patches to/from a stack) on top of Git. These
operations are performed using Git commands and the patches are stored as Git
commit objects, allowing easy merging of the StGit patches into other
repositories using standard Git functionality. StGit is licensed under the GNU
General Public License, version 2.
Note that StGit is not an SCM interface on top of Git and it expects a
previously initialised Git repository. For standard SCM operations, either use
plain Git commands or the Cogito tool.
Please report issues on the GitHub project
page. For questions or discussions or
patch reviews, please email the StGit forum or
use the Google Groups web
2018-11-06: StGit 0.19 released
- Python 3 support. StGit supports Python 2.6, 2.7, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6,
and 3.7. PyPy interpreters are also supported.
- Submodules are now ignored when checking if working tree is clean. Submodules
are also not included by default when refreshing a patch.
- Config booleans are now parsed similarly to git-config.
- contrib/stgit.el is now licenced with GPLv2.
- Repair handling of emails with utf-8 bodies containing latin-1 characters.
Also correctly decode email headers containing quoted encoded words.
- StGit’s version is now correct/available the release archive.
- Add continuous integration (travis-ci) and code coverage (coveralls) support.
- Many new test cases were added.
2017-08-18: StGit 0.18 released
- commit-msg hook support for easier integration with Gerrit, allowing a
Change-Id line to be inserted in the commit message.
- stg mail improvements for Suggested-by: tag and auto generation of Cc for
the cover letter based on all tags in the series.
- stg mail bash completion for the –to, –cc and –bcc options based
on the content of the [mail “alias”] section of GIT configuration.
- stg edit –review option to add a Reviewed-by: tag.
- stg pop –spill functionality to allow popping a patch from the stack while
keeping its modification in the tree.
- Various fixes and test coverage improvements.
- Project page details updated (gna.org has been shut down).
StGit release 0.19.
StGit repository cloning:
git clone https://github.com/ctmarinas/stgit.git
Many thanks to Peter Grayson, Karl Wiberg, Yann Dirson, Chuck Lever and Paolo
Blaisorblade Giarrusso for their great contribution to the development of
StGit. Many thanks to all the people who contributed patches, ideas or reported